Google Analytics can be used for a variety of processes. It gives you free tools to analyze data for your business to make smarter decisions. You can use it in Marketing, SEO, Site Performance Improvement, etc.
Data in Google Analytics is presented to you in the form of Reports. These are visual representations of the data. They make it easy to gain more insights about your customers.
In this article, we'll guide you through the steps of how you should create a custom report, pick the dimensions and metrics and decide how they should be displayed.
1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Navigate to the Customization section on the left sidebar.
3. Choose Custom Report.
4. Click + New Custom Report.
5. Write a Title.
6. (Optional) Click +add report tab.
Note: Every report has at least 1 tab, but you can add more.
8. Select the Report type; Explorer, Flat Table, Map Overlay.
Note: You need to select a new report type for every tab you add to the report. Each tab can have a different report type. For example, you could create Tab 1 as a Flat Table and Tab 2 as an Explorer. This way, you can have multiple tabs and a variety of visualization types in one report.
9. Add Dimensions and Metrics.
Note: The options for each report type are different because each type displays data in a different way.
10. You have an option to add filters to limit the report to specific dimensions.
11. Now, open the dropdown menu to decide where your report should appear. You can select All views associated with this account to allow this report on all views you have access to.
12. Finally, click Save.
Good job, you have successfully created a new report on your Google Analytics account.
Check out how to create reports on the latest version of Google Analytics (4).