Google Analytics can be used for a variety of processes. It gives you free tools to analyze data for your business to make smarter decisions. You can use it in Marketing, SEO, Site Performance Improvement, etc.
Data in Google Analytics is presented to you in the form of Reports. These are visual representations of the data. They make it easy to gain more insights about your customers.
Recently Google Analytics has been updated. So, in this article, we'll guide you through the steps of how you should create a custom report in the latest version.
1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Navigate to Reports in the left sidebar.
3. Open the Library at the bottom on the left side.
5. You can find Create New Report on the right side.
6. If you want to create an Overview Report, press the first option.
Note: When you first log into Google Analytics, you are presented with a quick overview of your website's performance. This report displays data from a specific period.
In this section of the report builder, you create cards that relate to this report. These cards can then be used to assemble overview reports. (You can skip over the Summary Cards section if you don't want to create any cards for this report.)
7. Click + Add Card from the right upper corner and choose one.
Note: In this case, for each Card you create, you must set at least one dimension, one metric, and one visualization. You can only select dimensions and metrics that are used in the detail report.
8. After Adding the Card, press Save.
9. Write a Report name and the Report Description and click save to finish.
11. Now, if you want to create a Detailed Report, go back by pressing the button on the upper left corner.
Note: A detailed report can have up to two visualizations and a table with dimensions and metrics.
12. Click Create a new report, but this time pick the second option.
13. Choose a Template, for example, User Acquisition.
14. Here, you can see a Customize Report sidebar appear on the right.
15. Define your dimensions and metrics.
Note: The dimensions and metrics for each report type vary because each type displays data in different ways.
16. You can choose the type of Charts you want to display for your report and Add Summary Cards.
Note: If the detail report is part of a collection, you can find the Card in the Summary Cards tab.
If the detail report is not part of a collection, you can find the Card in the Other Cards tab.
12. After you finish editing and applying the changes, press the Save button.
13. Choose the Report Name and the Description and click Save to finish the report creation process.
By the way, if you go back, you can see your reports in the Reports section.
Well done! You now know how to create and customize reports in your Google Analytics account.