A Fixed discount is a discount that sets the total price of one or more items to a set price. E.g. the X product is $300 in your store, you put the fixed discount sale on it with $100 the result will be 300 - 100 = $200.
Here's what a fixed discount sale looks like:
In order to create a fixed discount sale follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Catalog on the left sidebar.
2. Expand the Sales menu and select the store where you'd like to add a new sale.
3. Click the Add Sale button.
4. Give your sale a title, and it will be only visible to you, your customers won't be able to see it.
5. Specify the time range or your sale. Click the calendar textbox, select the starting and ending dates, and click Apply. (You can also not activate the starting date and the ending date and the date will be unlimited)
Note: Once this is chosen, you can also edit sale hours.
6. You can also activate the sale to work with a coupon code, which means that customers who have coupons can take advantage of this sale. For that, check the Activate With Coupon box and select the coupon which will activate the sale.
Tip: Learn how to create coupons here.
7. Open the Type dropdown and select Fixed Discount.
8. Fill in the Price bar with the value of the sale. (E.g. 50 or 100), and Save.
That's it! You created a quantity sale in your store.
Learn more about how to apply sales to your products.