A percentage discount is a discount that is given to a product which is given as an amount per hundred. For example, a percentage discount of 20% would mean that an item that originally cost $100 would now cost $80. This is common with promotional and seasonal sales, as a way of encouraging consumers to buy an item at a reduced cost.
Here's what a percent sale looks like:
In order to create a percent sale follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Catalog on the left sidebar.
2. Expand the Sales menu and select the store where you'd like to add a new sale.
3. Click the Add Sale button.
4. Give your sale a title, and it will be only visible to you, your customers won't be able to see it.
5. Specify the time range or your sale. Click the calendar textbox, select the starting and ending dates, and click Apply. (You can also not activate the starting date and the ending date and the date will be unlimited)
Note: Once this is chosen, you can also edit sale hours.
6. You can also activate the sale to work with a coupon code, which means that customers who have coupons can take advantage of this sale. For that, check the Activate With Coupon box and select the coupon which will activate the sale.
Tip: Learn how to create coupons here.
7. Open the Type dropdown and select Percent.
8. In the Percent bar write the percentage of the sale. (E.g. 10 or 20), and Save.
Well done! You created a percent sale in your store.
Learn more about how to apply sales to your products.