As a store owner, you get to decide the starting quantity and limit of the products you sell at your store. If the product is sold per each, you can adjust its quantity settings. In order to do so, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Catalog on the left sidebar.
2. Proceed to Catalog search and select the product you wish to configure. A window with product information will expand automatically. Scroll down to review the Quantity Settings, here's what you'll see by default.
Initial quantity: is the number your customers see at first.
Quantity step: is the number they can add or reduce the product by.
Quantity minimum: is the lowest number of products you buyers can order.
Quantity maximum: is the highest number of products you're willing to sell per order.
3. Change the settings as needed. (See this example in point 5)
Note: Make sure that the product unit is set as each (pound), if it's set lb, check this article.
4. Scroll down and click Save Product.
5. Now here's what your customers see when ordering this product.
In the example shown, the first number your customers see when they view the product is 1. When they want to add more of this product, it will be increased by 2. And if they wish to reduce the number of this product, it will be decreased by 2, similarly. The minimum they can order is 1 and the maximum is 6. In case your buyers try to add more, a warning message appears saying that this is the maximum number they can order, and this is the quantity that is eventually added to their cart.
Note that your customers can change the quantity of the product
when viewing it,
when it is added to the cart,
on the checkout page.