Taxes are involuntary fees levied on individuals and enforced by a government entity. You can create different types of taxes with Local Express and apply them to your products.
In order to create a tax in your store follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Accounting on the left sidebar.
2. Proceed to Taxes and select the store.
3. Click the +Add New button.
4. First Activate the tax and then add the Tax name.
5. Select which Store you want to create the taxes on and write the Description of the tax.
6. When you select Per Unit you can choose by $ or %, next tick the box if you want to Apply To All Products in the selected store only.
Per Unit: It is defined as a fixed amount tax for each unit of a good or service sold, such as cents per kilogram. It is thus proportional to the particular quantity of a product sold, regardless of its price.
7. When you select Is CRV the tax automatically will be in $. Write the Value and tick the box if you want to Apply it To All Products in the selected store only.
CRV: (The California Refund Value) is the amount paid to consumers when they recycle beverage containers at certified recycling centers. The minimum refund value established for each type of eligible beverage container is 5 cents for each container under 24 ounces and 10 cents for each container 24 ounces or greater.
That's it! Make sure to Save Changes.
Note: You can't delete taxes after creating them.
Learn more about how to apply taxes on your products.