Each store you create on Local Express has its Departments and Categories where products are classified. In order to add a new department follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Catalog on the left sidebar.
2. Expand the Departments and choose All Departments.
3. Click Add New Department.
4. Insert the department information:
Apply to: Pick a store where you'd like to add this department
Department Title: Name your department. (e.g. Alcohol)
Department Mark Up. %: Raise the prices of the department by %. Learn more about how to mark up department prices here.
Age Verification: Enable this function for specific departments (e.g. Alcohol, Tobacco) so that customers under 18 cannot order the products. This will be verified on the checkout page and upon delivery.
No Sync (Exclude from POS Sync): Turn the switcher on when you want to exclude the department from POS.
5. Scroll down and add the necessary images in PNG/ JPG format.
Department Icon: The favicon of your department.
Department App Image: The image of the department is displayed in the mobile app.
Department Image: The image of the department displayed to your customers on the front-end of your store.
6. Each department is made up of categories. Click Add New to add categories to this department you're creating. Learn more about how to add a new category here.
7. In case you used department mark-up, you can set Add rule to it. Learn more about how to set rounding rules for departments here.
8. Make sure to click Save Department.
That's it! Learn more about how to change the sort order of departments here.